Ticket #133 (accepted enhancement)
Swish shortcut as a drop target
|Reported by:||firstname.lastname@example.org||Owned by:||alamaison|
|Priority:||major (affects peripheral workflow)||Milestone:||0.30 Better dialogues|
First of all: Great product! Well conceived and implemented. Thanks.
Two problems I am having and I do not know if I am not doing something wrong or if these are problems that need attention.
I am using Version 0.4.6
1) When I open an Explorer window to a remote directory using Swish and drag and drop a file, it does not show in the window until I either do a refresh in Explorer or move to another directory and move back (forcing a refresh). Surely this is not a feature but is a bug. Is there a work around?
2) My purpose is to use this as a means for folks that know little about file systems to drag and drop files to a remote location for backup. So, I want them to have to do as little work as possible. I want to have an icon on the desktop that they open and then drag and drop files to it to a remote folder. The only way I can find to make a short cut on the Desktop is to shortcut the Swish icon under "My Computer". Then the user has to open this icon and secondarily open a Swish connection icon (These users would have only 1). The first time upon loggin on, the SSH password is requested. Thereafter, files can be dragged and dropped to this window. If you drag and drop a file to the connection icon before opening it the first time per session, Swish hangs and stops responding (after providing the password this works). Simple users will mess this up. Is there a way to simplify this so that the user only has to open one icon and start dragging and dropping (i./e. one icon instead of two and password is stored between login sessions - I know you as working on key implementation that would maybe solve this part).
comment:1 in reply to: ↑ description Changed 6 years ago by alamaison
- Priority changed from critical to major
- Status changed from new to accepted
- Type changed from defect to enhancement
- Summary changed from Bug or "Feature"? copied files not shown until refresh and storing password to Swish shortcut as a drop target